Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Library Tutorial
After doing the research tutorial, I learned a lot of useful information to consider in my future research papers. I have been familiar with plagiarism and the many consequences. I did know that you must carefully cite your sources to give credit to the author, but after watching the tutorial I was able to learn the proper way to cite my sources. I never really used a wide variety of sources in my previous papers; the tutorial introduced me to many great ways to find good sources for my research paper. Before watching the tutorial, I always started my research by going to websites such as Google, or msn rather than gathering some background information from encyclopedias or scholarly journals. I have always been told by many of my high school teachers not to use Wikipedia, but the tutorial explained how it can be a great way to gather background information and even find names of people to search. Not only did I learn about research papers, but the tutorial also included a lot about the FGCU library. There are many tools that are available to students such as the library catalog that can be accessed online. This is very convenient; students who are searching for a particular book may look it up at home, find out exactly where it can be found, and then go there and check it out. This saves a lot of time, rather than having to drive to the library to find out that its not available, you can check online. I found the tutorial to be very helpful, and I plan on using the information that I learned in my future research.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment